ELECTRONIC MUSIC PRODUCTION PROGRAM
The Electronic Music Production Certificate Program at Musicians Institute is a two-quarter, 30-unit postsecondary educational/vocational program created to provide students with education and practical training sufficient to create a foundation for a career as an electronic music producer in the contemporary music and entertainment industry.
Students in this program will gain the technical knowledge and professional skills to grow as independent electronic music producers, beat makers, and remix artists in a variety of musical settings in the industry.
LEARN MORE ABOUT MI
PRACTICAL STUDIO AND ELECTRONIC PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE
EMP students will be taught by industry experienced instructors in our working studios, where they’ll gain practical experience on professional-level consoles and recording equipment.
CERTIFICATE IN ELECTRONIC MUSIC PRODUCTION
The Certificate in Electronic Music Production trains students in every aspect of producing electronic music. Students in the program take classes in everything from vocal production to plugin processing, so they create a completed electronic song from start to finish.
MI SELECT & NON-CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
MI Select are non-certificate programs designed to provide students with “a taste of MI” if they want another option to full-time. Students can create their own customized schedule from available classes and workshops, while enjoying access to the special guest clinics, extra activities and other industry networking opportunities.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Provide students with the technical knowledge and professional skills needed to grow and thrive as an independent electronic music producer, beat maker, and remix artist in today’s music world.
- Allow students to set themselves apart from competition by nature of the knowledge of musicianship, electronic music creation and production techniques, remixing practices, digital audio software, vocal production concepts, track building, keyboard performance, and applied entertainment business concepts.
- Provide student producer/artists with the skills and tools to guide and manage their careers within the context of the contemporary music and entertainment industry.
- Production Advising focused in the electronic music styles, with production experts.
For a detailed look at all of MI’s program offerings, you can find our programs and course catalog here.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: CERTIFICATE
Musicians Institute offers many opportunities for scholarships in all of our programs. Please visit our Scholarship page to learn more about our programs.
Please visit MI’s Financial Aid page for all the details on how you can qualify.
For more info, please visit the International Students page.
- Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) labs housing the latest versions of Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton and Reason.
- Access to Independent Artist Program studios
- Fully-equipped 24/7 practice facilities
- Fully outfitted venue and dub stage
MI’S award-winning Electronic Production faculty work with today’s top artists:
READY TO ROCK?
The first step in applying to any MI program is to complete an Application for Admission, and get started with the best music college!
Have a question for our music school? Our admissions department is available to answer your questions, give us a call!
Program requirements, tuition, and course information for MI's on-campus and online programs.