AUDIO ENGINEERING PROGRAM
Musicians Institute Audio Engineering Program provides a unique blend of small, hands-on classes with state-of-the-art equipment and recording spaces to prepare aspiring engineers for the demands of the audio industry. Start with the best audio engineering colleges – we are one of the top audio engineering schools in the country.
LEARN MORE ABOUT MI
PRACTICAL AUDIO PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE
As an MI Audio Engineering major, you’ll learn how to function in today’s professional audio production environments – recording studios, venues, post production houses and/or film houses, a valuable experience provided by our audio engineering school. Audio engineering colleges don’t get better than this!
Aside from obtaining an audio engineer degree, you’ll be taught by industry experienced instructors in our audio engineering classes. You’ll also gain practical experience on professional-level consoles and recording equipment.
Colleges for audio engineering should groom you to be industry-ready, and at MI, it’s in our world class studios where an audio engineering major like you will get the chance to work with artists, mic’ing up session players, and doing final mixes. Altogether, you’ll be developing sophisticated technical and organizational skills that are vital to today’s successful engineers.
CERTIFICATE AUDIO ENGINEERING
Through hands-on instruction, students learn to record, mix and master with industry-standard equipment in preparation for the demands of working as engineers in professional recording studios.
MI SELECT & NON-CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
MI Select are non-certificate programs designed to provide students with “a taste of MI” if they want another option to full-time. Students can create their own customized schedule from available classes and workshops, while enjoying access to the special guest clinics, extra activities and other industry networking opportunities.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- As one of the best audio engineering schools, MI teaches students how to manage the entire audio production process, from pre-production and tracking, to mixing and mastering.
- Extensive live sound curriculum includes the ability to engineer in-house concerts.
- Automated dialogue replacement (ADR).
- Access to professional recording studios.
- Real-world electives such as Electronics, Project Studio Design and Internships.
- Recording, mixing and mastering original projects with extensive Ear Training taught in MI’s audio labs.
For a detailed look at all of MI’s program offerings, you can find the course catalog here.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: CERTIFICATE
Musicians Institute programs are fast paced and certain fundamental musical skills are required before you can begin your program. If you meet entry requirements and are accepted, a one-on-one performance evaluation and placement testing will be held during registration to determine whether you qualify for advanced placement in any area of course work. You are evaluated based on the content of your submission.
For more info, please see the MI Course Catalog.
Musicians Institute offers many opportunities for scholarships in all of our programs. Please visit our Scholarship page for more information.
Please visit MI’s Financial Aid page for all the details on how you can qualify.
International students make up nearly one-fourth of MI’s total student population, representing more than 50 countries throughout the world while creating a unique and diverse learning environment, full of endless opportunities in Hollywood and beyond.
For more info, please visit the International Students page.
- Full production sound stages and recording studios
- Fully equipped 24/7 practice facilities and computer labs with the latest industry standard equipment
- Concert Hall access, with full audio/video recording capabilities
- Multiple performance and recording studios available for student practice
- Security on campus 24/7
MI’S GRAMMY® and Emmy-winning Audio Engineering instructors have multi-platinum album and work with today’s top artists: