INDEPENDENT ARTIST PROGRAM
JOIN US ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 5, 2021 AT 4:00PM (PST) FOR THE MI ONLINE VIRTUAL INFORMATION SESSION.
CONTROL YOUR FUTURE
MI Online’s Independent Artist Program provides the technical knowledge and professional skills you need to survive as an independent recording and performing artist in today’s music world. Experienced instructors guide you through the complete creative process from songwriting, arranging, recording and production to marketing and promotion.
Use your personal laptop audio workstation to record and mix live vocals, instruments, samples and loops into finished tracks, then showcase them on your self-designed website. Whether you are a singer, DJ, producer, rapper or instrumentalist, MI prepares you to take control of your future.
CERTIFICATE IN INDEPENDENT ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
Instrumentalists, singers, songwriters, rappers, DJs and producers learn the entire process of creating their own project—from writing and recording to marketing, publicity, website design and final release. This program is designed to equip musicians with the various skills needed to independently write, record and market their original material.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Trains students in the full spectrum of contemporary career needs, with core classes including Recording Techniques, Logic Pro X, Songwriting, Entertainment Business, Musicianship, Marketing and Visual Media.
- Designed to equip creative individuals with the skills required to write, produce and market their original music.
- Project Advisors work with students weekly to help them apply the knowledge and skills learned throughout the program to their projects. These advisors are experts in many areas, including songwriting, music production, audio recording, and graphic design.
- Work directly on your laptop audio workstation as you learn to sequence, sample, record, edit and mix — the world is your studio.
For a detailed look at all of MI’s program offerings, you can find the course catalog here.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: CERTIFICATE
A. Submit two examples of your original material or arrangements (voice or instrumental, any style) representing your strengths and creative direction as an artist or producer.
B. Speaking Voice: Record your own speaking voice explaining the following:
1. Why you want to attend Musicians Institute.
2. What your role was in the recorded examples you have submitted, including what instruments you played (if applicable) and who wrote, produced and engineered each song.
For a full list of what you will need to apply to MI, please download our guide here.
Musicians Institute offers many opportunities for scholarships in all of our programs. Please visit our Scholarship page for more information.
Please visit MI’s Financial Aid page for all the details on how you can qualify.
For more info, please visit the International Students page.
An outstanding staff of industry professionals brings practical, up-to-date experience directly to the classroom. Regular Q&A and clinics with guest artists and industry executives.
MI ONLINE PROGRAMS
ARTIST PRODUCER ENTREPRENEUR
ELECTRONIC MUSIC PRODUCTION