INDEPENDENT ARTIST PROGRAM
JOIN US ON
FOR THE MI ONLINE VIRTUAL INFO SESSION
Meet the MI Online team as they guide you through the MIO platform, the diverse program offerings, and the steps needed to apply.
CONTROL YOUR FUTURE
Use your personal laptop audio workstation to record and mix live vocals, instruments, samples and loops into finished tracks, then showcase them on your self-designed website. Whether you are a singer, DJ, producer, rapper or instrumentalist, MI prepares you to take control of your future.
CERTIFICATE IN INDEPENDENT ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
Instrumentalists, singers, songwriters, rappers, DJs and producers learn the entire process of creating their own project—from writing and recording to marketing, publicity, website design and final release. This program is designed to equip musicians with the various skills needed to independently write, record and market their original material.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Trains students in the full spectrum of contemporary career needs, with core classes including Recording Techniques, Logic Pro X, Songwriting, Entertainment Business, Musicianship, Marketing and Visual Media.
- Designed to equip creative individuals with the skills required to write, produce and market their original music.
- Project Advisors work with students weekly to help them apply the knowledge and skills learned throughout the program to their projects. These advisors are experts in many areas, including songwriting, music production, audio recording, and graphic design.
- Work directly on your laptop audio workstation as you learn to sequence, sample, record, edit and mix — the world is your studio.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: CERTIFICATE
B. Speaking Voice: Record your own speaking voice explaining the following:
1. Why you want to attend Musicians Institute.
2. What your role was in the recorded examples you have submitted, including what instruments you played (if applicable) and who wrote, produced and engineered each song.
For a full list of what you will need to apply to MI, please download our guide here.
For more info, please visit the International Students page.
An outstanding staff of industry professionals brings practical, up-to-date experience directly to the classroom. Regular Q&A and clinics with guest artists and industry executives.