MUSIC COMPOSITION FOR VISUAL MEDIA
MI’s Music Composition for Visual Media program curriculum focuses on contemporary arranging, scoring, orchestration, music theory, ear training and music history, all skills that will make you a diverse and multifaceted composer ready to work on the most exciting projects in the music business.
SCORING FOR VISUAL MEDIA
The goal of MI’s Bachelor of Music Composition program is to provide students with the educational foundation for careers as composers of musical soundtracks for visual media including film, television, animation and games.
The curriculum includes in-depth studies in both traditional and popular techniques and styles of composition with emphasis on professional applications to contemporary media.
BACHELOR OF MUSIC IN COMPOSITION
The goal of this degree program is to provide a complete educational foundation that prepares students for careers as soundtrack composers, arrangers, orchestrators, editors and copyists for film, TV, animation and video games. Specific objectives include a comprehensive education in Music Composition; professional training in digital music creation tools; a foundation in theory, ear training, music history and music styles; a general education to develop critical thinking skills and perspectives on the place of music in contemporary culture; and preparation for further studies at the graduate level.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Courses in Contemporary Arranging, Scoring and Orchestration
- Music theory, ear training and music history
- Professional training in the use of digital tools for music production
- Supportive classes in Apple Logic, the Business of Composing, Counterpoint, Keyboard Proficiency and more
For a detailed look at all of MI’s program offerings, you can find the course catalog here.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: BACHELOR
Musicians Institute offers many opportunities for scholarships in all of our programs. Please visit our Scholarship page for more information.
Please visit MI’s Financial Aid page for all the details on how you can qualify.
- Full production sound stages and recording studios
- Fully equipped 24/7 practice facilities and computer labs with the latest industry standard equipment
- Concert Hall access, with full audio/video recording capabilities
- Multiple performance and recording studios available for student practice
- Security on campus 24/7
MI Bachelor Faculty is comprised of talented professionals who have real world experience in their fields of specialty.
CREDITS: BOBBY HUTCHERSON, LARRY CORYELL, MADELEINE PEYROUX, ANTHONY WILSON, PETE CHRISTLIEB, JACK SHELDON
CREDITS: Haim is best known for his critically acclaimed score for “The Iceman,” a biopic thriller starring Michael Shannon, Winona Ryder, Ray Liotta, James Franco, and Chris Evans.
CREDITS: ROBOCOP, THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, THE WAR OF THE ROSES, MATILDA, SCOOBY-DOO and well over 100 others.