LIVE MUSIC EVENT PRODUCTION PROGRAM
The Live Music Event Production program provides aspiring live sound engineers the opportunity to work in professional live stage and event scenarios. Using state-of-the-industry equipment in multiple venues, students will learn the major audio/video/broadcast components, techniques and roles in the planning and execution of live music shows and other live events.
LEARN MORE ABOUT MI
PRACTICAL LIVE MUSIC EVENT PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE
Live Music Event Production offers an immersive learning experience in professional live stage musical performance and live event productions with studies in sound reinforcement engineering, stage work, lighting, rigging, live broadcast, and staging.
Several courses are conducted on multiple stages including the Live House; a newly constructed, state-of-the-industry 300 capacity live venue. Using state-of-the-industry equipment, students learn about the major audio/video/broadcast components, techniques, and conventions of engineering live musical performances and events, including contractual elements of live shows from deals and planning to execution.
Students are mentored by industry professionals in practical, hands-on live music scenarios. These professionals make up the faculty at MI, and professional musicians and student bands supply the on stage talent.
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN LIVE EVENT MUSIC PRODUCTION
An A.S. in Live Event Music Production will allow graduates to handle any aspect of working a live music event, from lighting and video tech, to console operations, monitor setups, sound reinforcement, event contracts and more. This degree will hold classes in the newly built LiveHouse, a 300-person venue with state-of-the-art equipment, so they will be ready to work at any venue in L.A. and beyond.
MI SELECT & NON-CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
MI Select are non-certificate programs designed to provide students with “a taste of MI” if they want another option to full-time. Students can create their own customized schedule from available classes and workshops, while enjoying access to the special guest clinics, extra activities and other industry networking opportunities.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- As one of the best audio engineering schools, MI teaches students how to manage the entire audio production process, from pre-production and tracking, to mixing and mastering.
- Extensive live sound curriculum includes the ability to engineer in-house concerts.
- Develop industry-ready post-production skills such as field recording, film mixing, Foley recording, and Automated dialogue replacement (ADR).
- Monitor and setup operations.
- Real-world electives such as Electronics, Project Studio Design and Internships.
- Recording, mixing and mastering original projects with extensive Ear Training taught in MI’s audio labs.
For a detailed look at all of MI’s program offerings, you can find the course catalog here.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: ASSOCIATE DEGREE
Musicians Institute programs are fast paced and certain fundamental musical skills are required before you can begin your program. If you meet entry requirements and are accepted, a one-on-one performance evaluation and placement testing will be held during registration to determine whether you qualify for advanced placement in any area of course work. You are evaluated based on the content of your submission.
For more info, please see the MI Course Catalog.
Musicians Institute offers many opportunities for scholarships in all of our programs. Please visit our Scholarship page for more information.
Please visit MI’s Financial Aid page for all the details on how you can qualify.
International students make up nearly one-fourth of MI’s total student population, representing more than 50 countries throughout the world while creating a unique and diverse learning environment, full of endless opportunities in Hollywood and beyond.
For more info, please visit the International Students page.
- Full production sound stages and recording studios
- Fully equipped 24/7 practice facilities and computer labs with the latest industry standard equipment
- Concert Hall access, with full audio/video recording capabilities
- Multiple performance and recording studios available for student practice
- Security on campus 24/7
MI’S GRAMMY® and Emmy-winning Audio Engineering instructors have multi-platinum album and work with today’s top artists: