TUITION & FEES
Bachelor of Music Degrees
QUARTER PER QUARTER TOTAL CREDITS PER CREDIT TOTAL All Students* 12 $7,200.00 135 $578.00 $78,030.00 With Minor** 14 $6,738.00 160 $567.00 $90,720.00 General Education Credits*** (varies) (varies) 45 (varies) (varies)
ASSOCIATE DEGREES QUARTER PER QUARTER TOTAL CREDITS PER CREDIT TOTAL AA in Performance 6 $7,995.00 90 $533.00 $47,970.00 AA in Performance/Combined Emphasis 6 $7,995.00 90 $533.00 $47,970.00 AS in Music Business 6 $7,995.00 90 $533.00 $47,970.00
CERTIFICATE QUARTER PER QUARTER TOTAL CREDITS PER CREDIT TOTAL Performance 4 $7,995.00 60 $533.00 $31,980.00 Audio Engineering 2 $7,995.00 30 $533.00 $15,990.00 Audio Engineering//Post Production 3 $7,995.00 45 $533.00 $23,985.00 Audio Engineering//Live Sound 3 $7,995.00 45 $533.00 $23,985.00 DJ Performance and Production 2 $7,995.00 30 $533.00 $15,990.00 Independent Artist 2 $7,995.00 30 $533.00 $15,990.00 Music Business 2 $7,995.00 30 $533.00 $15,990.00 Music Business//Entrepreneur 3 $7,995.00 45 $533.00 $23,985.00 Guitar Craft 2 $7,995.00 30 $533.00 $15,990.00 Guitar Craft//Acoustic Design 3 $7,995.00 45 $533.00 $23,985.00
NON-CERTIFICATE QUARTER PER QUARTER TOTAL CREDITS PER CREDIT TOTAL MI SELECT PROGRAM**** 1 $7,995.00 N/A N/A $7,995.00 MI SELECT EXPRESS PROGRAM**** 1 $4,005.00 N/A N/A $4,005.00
TUITION DEPOSIT: $300.00; All programs are refundable.
* Based on average of 12 music units/quarter; GE units average 3.75 per quarter. Tuition costs vary by quarter based on number of credits.
** Based on per-unit cost of Major and minor courses. Actual quarter amounts may vary.
*** GE Units are offered by arrangement with Los Angeles City College; tuition rates vary. Contact LACC for current tuition information.
**** Courses taken during an MI Select or MI Select Express session do not earn course credit. Attendance or completion of any course does not guarantee subsequent advanced placement in a Certificate or Degree program. MI Select quarter course load equivalent to 15-credit Certificate/AA course load for one quarter.
(APPLIES TO ALL STUDENTS IN ALL PROGRAMS)
State of California Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) – All students are mandated by the State of California to pay $0.50 per $1,000 of Total Program Cost. Please refer to tuition table for program costs.
BACHELOR OF MUSIC DEGREES
BACHELOR OF MUSIC Application (non-refundable) Equipment Cost Materials Other Fees Per Quarter Technology Fee TOTAL Performance Major $100.00 $75.00 $1,000.00* $45.00 $1,715.00 W/Minor in Audio Production $100.00 $310.00 $378.00** $45.00 $2,493.00 W/Minor in Music Industry Studies $100.00 $45.00 $1,805.00 Composition Major $100.00 $75.00 $1200.00-$1400.00*** $45.00 $1,915.00-$3,115.00****
ASSOCIATE DEGREES Application (non-refundable) Equipment Cost Materials Other Fees Per Quarter Technology Fee TOTAL AA in Performance $100.00 $45.00 $280.00 AS in Music Business $100.00 $45.00 $370.00
CERTIFICATE Application (non-refundable) Equipment Cost Materials Other Fees Per Quarter Technology Fee TOTAL Performance $100.00 $45.00 $370.00 Audio Engineering $100.00 $310.00 $378.00** $45.00 $1,256.00 Audio Engineering // Post Production $100.00 $75.00 $270.00** $45.00 $1,781.00 Audio Engineering // Live Sound $100.00 $125.00 $189.00** $45.00 $1,831.00 Independent Artist $100.00 $45.00 $190.00 Music Business $100.00 $45.00 $190.00 Music Business//Entrepreneur $100.00 $45.00 $235.00 Guitar Craft // all programs $100.00 $400.00 $15.00 $530.00 Guitar Craft Acoustic Design $100.00 $400.00 $15.00 $545.00
NON-CERTIFICATE Application (non-refundable) Equipment Cost Materials Other Fees Per Quarter Technology Fee TOTAL MI Select / MI Select Express $100.00 $45.00 $145.00
Tuition and fees for all programs are charged on a quarterly basis and are due at the time of registration for each quarter of instruction. All programs require students to source their own materials, software and equipment. Students are not allowed to enter MI facilities or attend classes until required tuition and fees are paid in full. See student Billing department for current information. Costs vary according to manufacturer prices and features. Please contact our Admissions Department for details on the fees pertaining to your specific start date.* Arranging Course Fees.
** Audio Engineering Couse Facility Fee.
*** Arranging/Orchestration Fee (depending on venue availability).
**** Due to Arranging/Orchestration Fee (depending on venue availability).
† Multiply technology fee by number of quarters referenced on the tuition table.
OPTIONAL SERVICE FEES
(APPLIES TO ANY STUDENT WISHING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE OPTIONAL ITEMS)
Item Quarter Needed Fee Amount Cap and Gown fees Final quarter $25.00 Per-ticket extra graduation ticket fees (the first 4 are free) Final quarter $10.00
Item Quarter Needed Fee Amount Per-course retest fee As needed $50.00 Re-application fee As needed $51.00 Late registration fee As needed $100.00 Per-course credit by examination/”test-out” fee As needed $40.00 Lost or renewed Student ID Card fee As needed $10.00 Transcript request fee As needed $15.00 Rushed transcript request fee As needed $20.00
- Tuition and fees for all programs are charged on a quarterly basis and are due at the time of registration for each quarter of instruction. Students are not allowed to enter MI facilities or attend classes until required tuition and fees are paid in full. Please contact the student billing department at email@example.com for specific information about your individual account.
- Costs of certain items may vary in accordance with manufacturer prices and features. This may cause relative fees to increase to accommodate this variance. As such, please be sure to check this page prior to registering/ordering materials to ensure that you are aware of the current price.
- Fees are non-refundable.
Below are textbook requirements and estimated costs for each program at Musicians Institute. Please use the ISBN codes provided to assist you in finding the proper texts for each course. Used or digital copies are acceptable. Some resources to source these materials include, but are not limited to:
Guitar performance and Guitar Craft students do not need to purchase outside textbooks for their core classes. However, certain elective courses in the Guitar program do have required textbooks that must be purchased by the student. If you have questions about any of these requirements, please contact admissions at 800-255-7529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Musicians Institute Student BYOD Policy
As of October 6, 2014, each student at Musicians Institute must have a device that allows for access to our Learning Management System (LMS) and corresponding materials. This is a requirement of enrollment at Musicians Institute.
Musicians Institute has made every effort to ensure that this material is available on a multitude of different devices/operating systems.
As such, you will need a device that meets the following specifications below:
- A smart phone, tablet or laptop computer
- Internet connection for device/computer (wi-fi or ethernet recommended)
- Built-in or external speakers, headphones, or similar for audio playback
- iPad (iPad2 or newer recommended**)
- iPad Mini (Retina display suggested**)
- iPhone (4s or newer recommended**)
- iOS 7 or above is recommended
** All device versions are technically compatible with the delivery application. However, older devices may be limited by memory and CPU requirements of a given book/file size. It is likely that students with iOS devices pre-iPad 2/iPhone 4 will experience diminished functionality the deliver application.
- Phone & tablet devices utilizing the Android OS are compatible with the deliver application. Due to the wide variety of manufacturers and models, a standardized list of actual devices cannot be issued.
- Android OS 4.4 or above is recommended.
Desktop Readers (Mac and Windows):
These desktop reader applications require Adobe AIR to be installed and current on the machine. All tech specifications are related to same minimum requirements for Adobe AIR installation: http://www.adobe.com/products/air/tech-specs.html
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbook class devices
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64 bit editions) with Service Pack 2, Windows 7, or Windows 8 Classic
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Intel® Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.7, v10.8, or v10.9
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Guitar Craft Equipment Requirements
- Electronic tuner (Strobe type preferred)
- Instrument cable with 1⁄4” plugs (minimum length of 3’)
- Mechanical pencil with lead size of 0.5 or 0.7
- 3-ring binder
- Paper notebook or laptop for taking notes
READY TO ROCK?
The first step in applying to any MI program is to complete an Application for Admission.
Our admissions department is available to answer your questions, give us a call!
Program requirements, tuition for individual programs, and course information.