LEARN HARMONY & MUSIC THEORY, ONLINE.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Once you’ve enrolled, just kick back and wait for your online course to start on the specified date. We’ll send you a reminder email shortly before your course starts.
- Once your course is live, a new unit will unlock every week for ten weeks. Each weekly unit contains fresh new coursework, pre-recorded video lessons, assignments, and more.
- Make sure to review the coursework every week, practice and prep questions.
- Mark’s course includes weekly assignments as well as a mid-term assessment in week five and a final assessment in week 10. You will receive instructions and requirements via email prior.
- All assignments are graded and you will get constructive feedback along with your grade.
- You can earn an MI Online Certificate of Accomplishment when you obtain a grade of 70% or more once your 10-week course is complete.
WHAT GEAR WILL I NEED?
- A computer (PC/Mac) with at least 4GB RAM
- We recommend that you connect to an Internet Line with an average speed of 10Mbps or better, and to use an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi
- The ability to make basic recordings of yourself
- Pencil, staff paper
- A keyboard or principal instrument may be useful but is not a prerequisite
- We recommend using Chrome or Firefox internet browsers on iOS, MacOS, Windows or Android
- Full access to install software on the computer you are using
How do I try a free lesson?
Go to the course page you’re interested in and click on the “Try a free lesson” button to sign up.
How do I enroll in a course?
No need to apply. Simply click “Enroll” on our course pages and create your MI Online profile. Once your payment is complete, consider yourself enrolled! All that’s left to do is put a reminder in your calendar of the course start date. We’ll email you a course date reminder and important info to get you started.
Do you offer courses in other languages?
Not yet but we’re working on it – stay tuned!
Can I take the course using my mobile phone or tablet?
Yes! You can watch and hear your instructor on your mobile device.
Are MI Online courses available for credit?
Not at this time but we’re looking into it. All courses delivered by MI Online are offered as an avocational option for individuals interested in music training and skills development. Courses are not offered for credit and are not applicable toward the attainment of any degree, certificate, or other academic award.
How many students are there in each course?
We have a maximum of 20 students per class for each of our courses. Our small class sizes helps create a collaborative, intimate space so that you’ll get the most out of your learning experience with your instructor and classmates.
How do MI Online courses work?
All our courses are 10 weeks. Each week you’ll watch pre-recorded video lessons, after which you will receive assignments to practice the skills you just learned.
How long is the course accessible for?
You can access your course material for up to 6 months after your course ends.
Which payment methods do you accept?
We support payments from Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal.
Can I pay for the course using a Payment Plan?
Yes, you can purchase all our courses in three monthly installments using your credit card.
HARMONY & THEORY 1
Master music fundamentals online with MI Online’s Harmony & Theory Fundamentals course. In this online music theory course, presented by Mark Cally, you will learn about basic symbols and notation, the musical alphabet, major scale construction, key signatures, triads, and much more.
HARMONY & THEORY 2
Advance your understanding of music theory. In a series of weekly lessons, Mark Cally guides students through rhythmic notation, pivot chords, harmonic and melodic minor scales and more.
HARMONY & THEORY 3
Mark Cally builds on knowledge gained from the previous two courses adding more complexity to topics such as pentatonic scales, chord inversions and voicing, Blues scale and harmony, extended and altered chords.
HARMONY & THEORY 4
In Harmony & Theory Advanced, Mark Cally teaches students about the harmonic minor scale, minor key centers, functions of diminished 7th chords and more.
SUBMIT INFO BELOW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MI