The Encore Program (Non-Certificate Training in Music Performance) is designed to allow you to create a full-time, ten-week program by choosing from available lessons, classes, performance workshops and other activities. Enrollment is available at the beginning of any quarter and may be repeated for additional quarters.
The Encore Program includes:
After an initial evaluation, the Encore Coordinator will provide you with a list of available courses attuned to your level of knowledge and skill. From that list, you create a class schedule equal to a full-time credit load of fifteen units.
NOTE: Course offerings vary by quarter and some courses and programs are not available for Encore enrollment. Please confirm the availability of specific courses with the Encore Coordinator prior to enrollment.
Every instrument Encore session includes weekly, one-hour private lessons on your primary instrument. You and the instructor jointly develop a lesson plan based on your particular interests and the instructor provides general guidance throughout the program.
NOTE: Requests for private lessons with a specific instructor are subject to instructor availability.
Encore enrollment includes 24-hour access to MI’s facilities for practice and rehearsal, access to extra-curricular activities and the library, and admission to clinics and seminars offered during your period of enrollment.
An adjunct to Encore, Encore Express offers the same customizable performance program, but allows for more schedule flexibility: offering either a 5-week, full-time program (15 units) or a 10-week, part-time program (7 units). As with Encore, enrollment in Encore Express is available at the beginning of any quarter and may be repeated for additional quarters.
Private lessons are not available but full campus access to workshops, seminars, performances and the library is available to Encore Express Students on class days.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Financial Aid – Encore is not eligible for State or Federal financial aid.
- January and July enrollments – Most Core classes available to you in performance programs during these quarters are at intermediate-to-advanced levels. January or July enrollment is not advised if you are a beginning-level Encore student.
- Materials – Encore students are entitled to receive curriculum and other materials applicable to courses included in their official course schedule only.
- Fees – Encore students are responsible for all applicable fees; see “Tuition and Fees” for specific information.
- Course Credit – Courses taken during an Encore session do not earn course credit. Attendance or completion of any course does not guarantee subsequent advanced placement in a Certificate or Degree program